To participate in our Fall Pack Overnighter, your Scout’s 2017-18 dues must be paid. A permission slip must be filled out for the scout (attached to this event in Scoutbook). Health Form AB is required for *all* participants including adults and siblings.
Scouts can wear their yellow “Class B” shirts rather than their uniforms.
The pack has reserved Youth Group sites 1 and 3. We have Site 1 reserved for Friday night, so arrivals before 3pm on Saturday should meet at Site 1. The larger Site 3 will be available us at 3pm.
Directions: Proceed approximately 14 miles south of Prince Frederick on Route 4. Follow the signs to Calvert Cliffs State Park. Turn left, as if to go into the park entrance. Turn left again on Rt. 765. Go one half mile (just past Middleham Chapel) and turn right onto Camp Conoy Road. Follow Camp Conoy Road to the end of the hard surface road and bear right onto the dirt road. The entrance to Camp Bay Breeze will be about one quarter mile on the right. GPS Directions to 775 Camp Conoy Rd, Lusby, MD 20657.
- Calvert Cliff’s Bay Breeze Youth Group Area is a secured location and is not open to the general public. The combination to the area’s security gate will be provided.
- Youth Group Leaders are responsible for securing and locking the entrance gate whenever a member of his/her group enters or exists. The gate is not to be left unlocked.
- Youth Group camping is restricted to tents only and must be set up in the designated areas.
- Wheeled units and vehicles are not permitted on the site.
- Parking: Each site has designated parking for a specific number of vehicles. Any additional vehicles must park in the main lot or overflow area.
- Facilities: Camping is primitive. Showers and flushing toilets are NOT available. Pit toilets are located at sites 5 and 7 and must be shared by all groups. Note that pit toilets are locking, enclosed structures, but there is no running water and the toilets do not flush. Running water is available at the water spigot and we will have plenty of hand sanitizing wipes available. A flush toilet and sink are available in the public area of the park.
- Cliffs Hazard Alert: The Park’s Cliffs are subject to frequent landslides that may cause serious injury. These events happen without warning. Walking beneath, climbing on and digging in the Cliffs are strictly prohibited. Youth Group leaders are responsible for keeping all members of their group from these activities.
- The full menu will be posted here for dinner and breakfast. We are planning a make your own “walking taco” or bowl with chili, corn chips, vegetarian beans, sour cream, cheese, tomatoes as ingredients. Breakfast will likely be bagels and other baked goods with cream cheese.
- Webelos will also be cooking in the campfire for their Cast Iron Chef pin (foil meals and dump cake).
- Contact the Grubmaster with any food allergies or dietary restrictions